Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blog Post #1

If You Built A School, What Would It Be Like?

"The things taught in schools are not an education but the means of an education."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://mnet.dstv.com/files/2013/10/MySchool.jpg

In my Dream School I will have second grade students who are eager and excited to learn. I want to teach them all the main subjects including art and music. I believe that art in school is important. My classroom will be bright and colorful full of the students artwork. In my school there would be a lot of hands-on-activities for the students to learn and complete their work. I want my school to have implement Active Learning. The students will be active learners and they will have a say in the lesson. Their ideas and concerns will be heard. 
http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-10-04-waitingforsuperman.png

As a teacher I want to be not the educator but a role model for my second grade students. I want to prepare them the best I can for their future. I love reading and I want my students to appreciate reading as well. As a future teacher I believe that it is up to the teacher to inspire,encourage, and prepare our students for the future. I love helping others and I think one of the best ways to make an impact in the world is to be a teacher. As a quote says, “Teaching is the profession that teaches all of the other professions.  As any teacher would want, I want my students to be excited and passionate about learning! I hope my students are curious and that they have questions. I would love for them to have some input towards the class activities and lessons. I also want to include hands-on-activities in my lessons.In my classroom I want my students to be active learners. I want to provide my students with an active learning environment and have engaging lessons. The tools that my students and I will employ as part of the learning process include iPads, the SmartBoard, and websites like BrainPop.In my classroom I going to use iPads and have my students use iPads as well. I believe that it is very important for the students to know how to use and work with iPads. I will also the Smartboard in my classroom and include it’s use in many of my lesson plans. The Smartboard
http://www.opencolleges.edu.au/informed/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/HiRes.jpg
is an excellent tool because it is interactive and the students will be able to use it during several activities and lessons. The website BrainPop is another great tool that I will use in my classroom. This is an excellent site because it has great interactive games, activities, and lesson aids. BrainPop is great because it has something for all subjects and the students can access it outside of class as well. These are the tools that I would employ as a part of the learning process for my students. I will also have tables instead of desks in my classroom, so that my students will be able to collaborate and work together. My class will have a center with computers for my students to work with.My classroom is going to be a place that it is warm and welcoming and a safe place for my students. 



No comments:

Post a Comment