Saturday, October 5, 2013

Project # 2: PLN Progress Report

There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning.

~Jiddu Krishnamurti


A PLN stands for Personal Learning Network. Personal Learning Networks provide an effective and easy way to communicate, engage, and exchange information on online. A PLN is basically your set of tools and collection of people, who you go to for things such as collaboration and assistance just to name a few. In the words of Dr.Strange,”It is NOT the method of presenting or organizing your PLN.”

For my Personal Learning Network, I used the program Symbaloo. The
Symbaloo certifed logo
fun part for me was the moment when I actually set up my PLN . In the past weeks since setting up my PLN, I have been  adding to it. I have learned about so many I have added several useful things such as blogs and websites. In the upper left hand corner, I have tiles for the social media and other tech tools that I use for my EDM 310 class and my other classes as well. Some of the tiles include tools like Youtube, Prezi, and Google Drive. This are the tiles that I use the most for my classes. In upper right hand corner, I have tiles for the different educator websites I use. The websites include:
I never knew that there were so many websites dedicated to teacher and other educators! All of the websites include valuable information on education and teaching. They also have really interesting articles as well. I have used several of these websites as sources for some of my classes, including EDM 310.

In the lower left hand corner of my PLN, I have tiles that provide extra things such as a Dictionary, Encyclopedia, and the University of South Alabama’s website. In the bottom right hand corner of the PLN, I have the tiles for the different blogs that I read and use. I have come across
It's a PLN Network
so many different great blogs, since being in EDM. My PLN allows me to store them all in one place instead of going through my bookmarked pages on my laptop. Some of the blogs are from teachers that I had to comment on for class. The other blogs are ones that I have come across on my own time. The blogs are funny,informative, and they provide great tips and resources on all things educational. There is one in particular that I always enjoy reading and it’s Brian Crosby’s blog, Learning is Messy. It always includes information on what’s new in education and other valuable information that is always entertaining.

That’s my Personal Learning Network! I have enjoyed using and adding things to it. I didn’t think that the  PLN would be so resourceful and helpful, but it has been. I guess I underestimated the power of the PLN. I am still in the process of adding valuable tools to my Personal Learning Network, but I Am learning a lot from this experience as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment