Friday, November 22, 2013

November: C4K Summary Post

“Children...need most of the same things adults need--consideration, respect for their work, the knowledge that they and the things they do are taken seriously.” 
 ― Caroline Pratt, I Learn from Children

http://www.seniorcarectrs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/month-of-november-harvest.png




I have really enjoyed reading the c4k blog posts this month as well this semester. I think it is amazing that teachers are giving their students the opportunity to create blogs. The students are learning and sharing so many great things with their blogs.  It has been fascinating to read their posts and to see how they express their thoughts and feelings.

C4K #9: Stacking Bottle Tops

Stacking Bottle Tops
Stacking Blocks Activity


Riley and I made a long colourful bridge. It took us a long time to build. Can you guess how many bottle tops we used? (Dictated to the teacher ) By Quincess


My Comment:

Hi,
My name is Briann Smith and I’am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I have a blog for my class too. The bridge you guys made looks fantastic! I like all of the different color bottle tops that you used. My guess is that you used 180 bottle tops to build your bridge. You guys did a great job and keep up the good work!

C4K#10: A New Fad and an Old Fad

All around the United States, people are starting to wear rubber band bracelets that are in a pattern. A fad is a thing that is popular for a year or so, and then it is not so popular. In my opinion, I think they are pretty attractive. I have some because I thought they looked charming on your wrist. Also because I didn't want to be left out on the fad. Here are the bracelets in an array.
Bracelets

An old fad that was popular in 2010 was Silly Bands. I have tons of them. If you don't know what a Silly Band is, here is the definition. A Silly Band is a simple bracelet that you wrap around your wrist and they are in different shapes.


If you know a fad, please drop me a comment.
Do you know both of these fads?
If so, do you have any of these items?

My Comment:
Slap bands


Hi Heather,
My name is Briann Smith and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama. I also have a blog for my class as well.Thank you for a great post about current and past fads. I remember when Silly Bands were popular. Everyone had a Silly Band, myself included! I had several Silly Bands in several different colors.

When I was your age, Slap bands were popular. Slap bands are bracelets that you attach by slapping them on the wrist. All of my friends would try to see who could get the most Slap bands. The Slap bands were popular with the guys, too.

What is your favorite fad?

sincerely,
Briann Smith












No comments:

Post a Comment